Reports to: President/CEO
Responsible for working with the President and Board of Directors to provide efficient operational functions of the Chamber to include Finance, Human Resources, and Information Services, as well as membership retention, while serving as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting the Hendersonville Area Chamber of Commerce.
• Provide leadership and guidance for the Chamber Services Coordinator, Connect Coordinator, and First Impressions Coordinator.
• Responsible for membership software database to ensure accurate membership records.
• Responsible for the daily maintenance and handling of new business prospects and development activity in order to meet annual budgeted goals.
• Assure the financial viability of the Department by creating and planning programs that generate non-dues income for the Chamber as specified in the Chamber's annual budget such as the Circle of Excellence. Ensure accuracy of department financial records and balance those records with administration.
• Serve as an active member of the Chamber's management team, providing necessary leadership and department oversight in the development of the Chamber's strategic plan, continuous improvement process, and budget.
• Manage all aspects of payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable duties for both the Chamber and Hendersonville Chamber Foundation.
• Works in conjunction with the Treasurer and Auditors to prepare all Federal quarterly/ annual tax filings
• Annual corporate report filing to TN Secretary of State.
• Manage all aspects of human resources, onboarding, performance evaluations and employee databasemanagement for both the Chamber and Hendersonville Chamber Foundation.
• Serve as liaison to the Finance Committee and Personnel Committee.
• Prepare and review operational reports to the Board on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
• Responsible for asset and technology schedule.
• Responsible for contract management and negotiations.
• Create and Maintain training and procedures manual.
• Develop and implement strategies for member retention to meet annual goals.
• Responsible for Accreditation oversight.
• Other duties as may be assigned by the President.
• Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
• Outstanding communication and people skills.
• Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines.
• In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. human resources, finance, customer service etc.).
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
• Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM
- A strong accounting background a must.