Position: Overnight Youth Mentor
Various Shifts Available- 11:00pm-9:30am
Looking for work where you can make a difference in the lives of young people?
At Lake House Academy you can have a career in creating JOY and HEALING generations!
Youth Mentor- Lake House Academy
- Lake House Academy offers an amazing atmosphere of acceptance and support in a wonderful environment! Located in Flat Rock, NC, we are nestled on a serene lake in the Blue Ridge Mountains. You may come alive and thrive with the visual rewards of nature. The mountainous area offers a chance for quick access to local, state, and national parks.
- Our company is striving to bring adolescent depression, anxiety, and suicide to all-time lows by 2028.
- Our program serves adolescent girls. Students live in a family style residence where community and interpersonal relationships are encouraged.
- As a Youth Mentor, you would be responsible for creating a secure and encouraging environment to help support real life change for our students. Our team works to uncover the academic, social, and emotional potential of girls who have been held back by emotional and behavioral struggles. Lake House incorporates Relational modalities into every aspect of the program and ensures that therapists and staff are trained to help girls practice these skills on a continual basis.
- Our residential campus becomes part of the expanded classroom that consists of camping, hiking, swimming, canoeing, rock climbing, and other activities.
As a Youth Mentor, you will be supported by an experienced Executive Director, Clinical Director, Administrative Team, and Residential Staff focused on the mission to facilitate lasting positive change for young people and their families.
For More Information:
Email [email protected]
For questions, please call 828.575.5136
Lake House is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
What do you bring to this position?
- Desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself. Desire to see others make change for the better.
- Ability to challenge teens in a way that makes them feel loved and cared about.
- Experience working with adolescents, childcare but not required
- Valid Driver's License and at least 21 years or older
- Ability to pass a state background check and drug test
- Interest in behavioral sciences
- A desire to be apart of a healthy and positive culture
- An empathetic heart
What does Lake House Academy offer you?
As the Youth Mentor, you will enjoy the following benefits and responsibilities:
- Fast-paced, challenging, fun, rewarding, and team oriented environment
- Opportunity to foster relationships with adolescents and their families
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Competitive hourly wage starting at $17.00 per hour
- Join a nationally recognized industry leader that provides a framework of training, support, and advancement opportunities.
- 3 days off every week
- Lake House Academy and team members embrace the core values of empathy, trusting relationships, service, growth, and results.
Lake House Academy aims to create a safe and trauma informed healing environment for youth and their families.