Union University is a private, coeducational liberal arts-based university offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The campus is located in Jackson, Tenn. (80 miles northeast of Memphis) with additional campuses in Germantown, Hendersonville, and Memphis, Tenn. Union University currently enrolls about 3,200 undergraduate and graduate students from 48 states and 15 countries. Union University stands as a national leader among colleges and universities in promoting a Christian worldview and a Christ-centered approach to education. Union is consistently ranked among the nation’s premier Christian universities and has been recognized as a top-tier institution each year since 1997 by U.S. News & World Report, which also recognized Union at a national level for undergraduate teaching excellence.
This position is a dual role and is responsible for providing administrative support to the SOAPS Dean and team, supporting the Campus Director, and coordinating the operation and program administration on the Hendersonville campus.
Campus Coordinator (50%)
- Perform administrative office duties in support of the Campus Director and the general Hendersonville campus, including but not limited to office and building management, typing, data entry, managing records, scheduling, facilitating special events, and bookkeeping.
- Serve as the receptionist/initial point of contact for the Hendersonville campus and monitor activity within the building and on campus.
- Assist with promotion of the Hendersonville campus.
- Represent the Hendersonville campus at community and recruitment events.
- Create and manage UUH social media posts.
- Prepare correspondence and facilitate internal communication for the campus.
- Serve as the intermediary/point of contact between the IT Department in Jackson and the Hendersonville campus.
- Provide assistance to students and academic departments as needed.
- Conduct other related duties as assigned
Administrative Assistant, SOAPS (50%)
- Administer and oversee routine matters for Office of the Dean, School of Adult and Professional Studies; perform other duties as assigned by the Dean.
- Generate payroll and faculty load reports and calculate salary for adjunct faculty each semester/term; work with the Contract Budgeting System to ensure accurate payments and records of instructional compensation.
- Complete contracts for instructors, maintain personnel files and documentation, and serve as a liaison between Provost’s Office and Human Resource Office in obtaining employment documentation.
- Perform administrative tasks, including word processing, copying, faxing, and telephone duties. Prepare correspondence, record minutes of meetings, and other communication items. Create and maintain spreadsheets, charts, tables, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Maintain electronic or hard copy records of files for the School of Adult and Professional Studies.
- Maintain the appointment calendar and coordinate scheduling and travel arrangements for the Dean, School of Adult and Professional Studies.
- Coordinate all arrangements for meetings (secure locations, refreshments, agendas, correspondence with attendees, collect materials, and record minutes).
- Maintain student files in Colleague and Slate.
- Assist with new student virtual orientation.
- Monitor, maintain, and submit textbook information for SOAPS courses.
- Serve as a solution-oriented resource for the SOAPS team, university, faculty, staff, students, and the community.
- Provide remote support for commencement events.
- Other duties as assigned by Dean and Senior Program Director as needed.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate degree and three years of clerical and administrative support experience.
Preference will be given to applicants with a bachelor’s degree and candidates with demonstrated organizational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Successful candidates must be professing Christians who are active members of a local church, enthusiastically support Union University’s Identity, Mission, and Core Values, and articulate a Christian worldview in their work and life. (Union University’s Identity, Mission, and Core Values is a link to https://www.uu.edu/about/what-we-believe.cfm)